Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Heirloom Tomatoes

Spring is playing hide and seek this year, feels more like February but it's definitly April so that means tomato-sowing-time. It will be hard to find a spot for all of these but I can never resist when someone offers me a new variety, so this is this year's list so far :

Cherokee Purple
Cherokee Chocolate
Pol Robeson
Summer Cider Apricot
Indigo Rose
Siberian Superior
Manitoba
Brandywine OTV
Giant Belgium
Banana Cream
Rutgers New Jersey
Tangella
Japanese Black Trifele
Prue
White Currant
Ananas Noir
Cowlick's Brandywine
Everett's Rusky Oxheart
Gildo Pietroboni

and still waiting for some seeds to arrive...
To many plants as allways but I just love growing tomatoes.  Even looking at them makes me happy! So here's for all tomato-lovers out there : some fabric I designed  from a photograph of last year's harvest


fabric available at spoonflower

1 comment:

angela said...

your planting and we are winding down. I hope your harvest is better than ours was. It was just way too hot here and the fruit cooked on the vines.