The name Horst was first mentioned in 1263 when Jan van Thunen settled here and called himself Jan van Horst. In 1488/89 the castle was burnt down by the people of Louvain during the war against Maximilian of Austria. Around 1490 the castle was rebuilt by Lodewijk Pynnock. The last owner who actually lived here was Maria-Anna van den Tympel who inherited the castle in 1630. In 1987 a group of people started an organisation to maintain the history of the medieval castle and called themselves the knights of Sir Pynnock.
Each year, the knights of Sir Pynnock are having a tournament and a medieval fair at the Castle
This year there was a fire show
And some Bards were singing
And some Big Birds
And of course the Knights of Sir Pynnock were fighting